[Pedagogy-list] How to Make Your Teaching More Inclusive - Chronicle of Higher Education

Hocutt, Daniel dhocutt at richmond.edu
Wed Jul 24 09:05:57 EDT 2019

All,

There’s an excellent piece titled How to Make Your Teaching More Inclusive<https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/20190719_inclusive_teaching?cid=at> from the Chronicle of Higher Education that offers a concise, practical summary of best practices for inclusive pedagogy. As we prepare our syllabi for fall classes, these recommendations are worth considering. The piece is broken into the following sections for ease of reference:

  *   Common Questions
  *   3 Key Principles of Inclusive Teaching
  *   5 Ways to Interact Inclusively With Students
  *   Ideas for Inclusive Course Design
  *   How Will You Know If Your Efforts Are Working?
  *   Resources

Cheers,
Daniel

—
Dr. Daniel L. Hocutt, R’92 & G’98
Web Manager & Adjunct Professor
School of Professional & Continuing Studies
Special Programs Building 215
University of Richmond, VA 23173
o. (804) 287-6658 f. (804) 289-8138
dhocutt at richmond.edu<mailto:dhocutt at richmond.edu>