[Pedagogy-list] FW: [AllFaculty-list] Course enhancement and curricular transformation grants

Hocutt, Daniel dhocutt at richmond.edu
Fri Sep 28 17:03:17 EDT 2018

Apologies for cross-posting

I trust many of you received this message earlier this afternoon from the Associate Provost for Faculty, Sandra Joireman. I’d like to emphasize that the grants described below are available to SPCS adjunct faculty. Sandra approached me during the SPCS faculty meeting earlier this month to re-iterate her understanding that UR has a single faculty, and SPCS adjuncts are a subset of UR faculty. So when you see something from Sandra that includes the phrase “available to all faculty,” that means SPCS adjunct faculty, too. We should see ourselves as members of the University faculty.

I’d also like to draw your attention to the Application for Faculty Professional Development for Teaching (FPDT) at https://provost.richmond.edu/faculty-development/faculty-development-and-grants/fpdt-application.html. These funds are specifically for professional development opportunities that will improve your teaching: “The purpose of Faculty Professional Development for Teaching (FPDT) is to support faculty and those staff involved in our teaching and academic programs, either individuals or groups, who wish to develop their teaching skills, enhance their practice of teaching, or to learn or expand their understanding of best practices. Funds may be used to attend professional conferences or otherwise participate in professional development aimed at enhancing teaching.”

As we continue sharing best practices in adult teaching and learning, we might also start recommending professional development opportunities that could be funded by UR. It would be quite exciting to see SPCS adjunct faculty seeking University funds for professional development in teaching!

Have a good weekend!
Daniel

—
Daniel L. Hocutt, R’92 & G’98
Web Manager & Adjunct Professor
School of Professional & Continuing Studies
Special Programs Building 215
University of Richmond, VA 23173
o. (804) 287-6658 f. (804) 289-8138
dhocutt at richmond.edu<mailto:dhocutt at richmond.edu>