[Pedagogy-list] [AllFaculty-list] Teaching and Scholarship Initiative Survey

Dixon, Mike mdixon4 at richmond.edu
Fri Sep 14 12:04:16 EDT 2018

Great update, Kate. Thanks for sharing! FYI, within the CTLT, in addition to my administrative duties, I am the “liaison” for SPCS faculty as well. In past years prior to my arrival, it seemed as if that duty was spread around various members of the CTLT. I also think support of full-time faculty was also a priority back then as well. I wanted to change that.

As I’ve taught adult learners for years and have taught in higher ed (as adjunct for a good portion of it) most of my career, I decided to take on being the primary CTLT contact for all SPCS faculty. Of course, SPCS faculty can contact any member of the CTLT if they choose, but we try to divvy up responsibilities so that no one team member is overwhelmed.

If there is interest from the committee on details of the support I’ve provided SPCS during my 3 years at UR, I’d be happy to share that info.

Mike