[Pedagogy-list] FW: [AllFaculty-list] Intergroup Dialogue Workshop Invitation

Hocutt, Daniel dhocutt at richmond.edu
Mon Sep 10 14:59:50 EDT 2018

Apologies for cross-posting.

The workshop opportunity listed below is open to faculty from across the University, including SPCS adjuncts. Notice the theoretical foundation of Intergroup Dialogue: “Intergroup Dialogue is partly based in the work of Paulo Freire and is keenly attentive to dialogue across difference.” Dialogue across difference seems both timely and important at this moment, both in our nation and at our institution.

If you’re not familiar with Freire’s seminal book Pedagogy of the Oppressed, I would encourage you to consider adding it to your reading list.

Regards,
Daniel

—
Daniel L. Hocutt, R’92 & G’98
Web Manager & Adjunct Professor
School of Professional & Continuing Studies
Special Programs Building 215
University of Richmond, VA 23173
o. (804) 287-6658 f. (804) 289-8138
dhocutt at richmond.edu<mailto:dhocutt at richmond.edu>