[Milton-L] Milton and Race?

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Tue Sep 18 08:55:20 EDT 2018

There is a chapter on Satan as Spanish conquistador in Christopher Hodgkins’s Reforming Empire: Protestant Colonialism and Conscience in British Literature (U of Missouri P, 2002), along with more general discussions of British exceptionalism.

Jameela Lares, Professor of English
Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor, 2017-2019
The University of Southern Mississippi
108 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001