[Milton-L] Milton on the WWW

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 11:05:25 EDT 2018

My first response to both questions below is, "Yes." My first thought,
actually, was a quotation from *Areopagitica*:

"In this one thing I crave leave of the present licencers to be pardon'd
for so thinking: who doubtlesse took this office up, looking on it through
their obedience to the Parlament, whose command perhaps made all things
seem easie and unlaborious to them; but that this short triall hath wearied
them out already, their own expressions and excuses to them who make so
many journeys to sollicit their licence, are testimony anough. Seeing
therefore those who now possesse the imployment, by all evident signs wish
themselves well ridd of it, and that no man of worth, none that is not a
plain unthrift of his own hours is ever likely to succeed them..."

Jim

--
Dr. James Rovira <http://www.jamesrovira.com/>

   - Reading and History
   <https://interpretationtheoryhistory.wordpress.com/> (Lexington Books,
   under contract)
   - Rock and Romanticism: Post-Punk, Goth, and Metal as Dark Romanticisms
   <https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9783319726878> (Palgrave Macmillan,
   May 2018)
   - Rock and Romanticism: Blake, Wordsworth, and Rock from Dylan to U2
   <https://jamesrovira.com/rock-and-romanticism-blake-wordsworth-and-rock-from-dylan-to-u2/>
(Lexington
   Books, February 2018)
   - Assembling the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Essays on the Social,
   Cultural, and Geopolitical Domains
   <https://mcfarlandbooks.com/product/assembling-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/>,
   Chapter 8 (McFarland Books, 2018)
   - Kierkegaard, Literature, and the Arts
   <http://www.nupress.northwestern.edu/content/kierkegaard-literature-and-arts>,
   Chapter 12 (Northwestern UP, 2018)
   - Blake and Kierkegaard: Creation and Anxiety
   <http://jamesrovira.com/blake-and-kierkegaard-creation-and-anxiety/>
(Continuum,
   2010)

Active CFPs