[Milton-L] Milton on the WWW

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Sun Sep 9 17:58:39 EDT 2018

I think such a corrective collection of proper quotes might be an emerging genre.  I just finished reading William O'Flaherty's The Misquotable C. S. Lewis: What He Didn't Say, What He Actually Said, and Why It Matters, and that author identifies an earlier collection by Garson O'Toole, Hemingway Didn't Say That: The Truth behind Familiar Quotations, which was praised by the Wall Street Journal.  Surely Milton is important enough to be accurately recorded!  (If so, should one begin with "trip the light fantastic"?)

Cheers,

Jameela Lares, Professor of English
Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor, 2017-2019
The University of Southern Mississippi
108 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001