[Milton-L] Book Announcement: Rock and Romanticism: Blake, Wordsworth, and Rock from Dylan to U2

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 10:22:53 EST 2018

Thanks, Martin. That's how the idea for the collection began for me,
actually. It started when I approached the gallery director at the college
at which I was working at the time an idea about an exhibit dedicated to
rock and roll in Ohio. The exhibit featured rock photography, and it ran in
the Fall 2016 semester. I have the catalog uploaded to my website under the
"Creative" tab. Once the exhibit started to come together, I thought I'd
teach an honors class devoted to rock and literature, so I solicited a
Romanticism listerve for ideas. I got so many responses from the listserve
that I thought I would run a CFP for an anthology. I received 50 responses
to the CFP which resulted in 26 chapters divided into two anthologies. This
is the first one. The next one will be published by Palgrave Macmillan and
should be out before May. It will have a rather interesting
Milton/Shelley/Stones chapter in it.

Contributors loved working on their chapters, so I hope that makes the
collection a good read.

Thanks again,

Jim R