[Milton-L] Very sad news

Margaret Thickstun mthickst at hamilton.edu
Sat Jan 13 09:07:16 EST 2018

If someone could supply an address for sending condolences to her family, I
would be grateful. What impressed me most about Diane was all the personal
qualities mentioned, and superb scholarship, combined with raising those
six children. She was an amazing person.--Margie

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:55 PM, Gardner Campbell <
gardner.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Diane McColley has passed away.
>
> She saved my life. Without her work, friendship, and encouragement I would
> not be here. I am far from alone in that respect, I know.
>
> My sincere condolences to all her loved ones. I loved her too.
>
> Nothing more I can say at this point.
>
> Gardner

Margaret Thickstun
Jane Watson Irwin Professor of Literature
Chair, Literature and Creative Writing
Hamilton College
198 College Hill Road
Clinton, NY 13323