[Milton-L] Language epochs

Nancy Charlton charltonwordorder1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:09:16 EST 2018

Thanks, everyone. I’ll pass all this information along.

It’s almost St Lucien’s Day. Time to get out the John Donne book.

I, among no doubt many others, once wrote a paper comparing the Nativity
odes of Milton and Crashaw. It burgeoned into an examination of all the
Christmas poetry up through the 18th century. Since I already knew every
verse of every English carol and a few in French and German (soprano and
alto parts) Christmas to me is music. And cookies.

Veni, Immanuel.

Nancy Charlton