[Milton-L] Carrol B. Cox, Jr. (July 22, 1930 – August 10, 2018)

cbartonphd1 cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 12 05:08:07 EDT 2018

i am sorry to hear of Carrol's passing. We were often confused for one another on Milton-L, which, given the divergence of our opinions on most things, became a source of amusement to us after a while. Rest in peace.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Carol Barton, PhD, CPCMcbartonphd1 at verizon.net
-------- Original message --------From: "Schwartz, Louis" <lschwart at richmond.edu> Date: 8/12/18  12:23 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: John Milton Discussion List <milton-l at richmond.edu> Subject: Re: [Milton-L] Carrol B. Cox, Jr. (July 22, 1930 – August 10, 2018)

Thank you, Alan.  I'm very sad to hear this news and glad to have a chance to share some comments with his friends and family.

Best,

Louis

Louis Schwartz

Professor of English