[Milton-L] Appropriation of Areopagitica

Carol Barton, PhD, CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 2 13:50:28 EDT 2018

Which just goes to prove that even lunatics (mis)read Milton, Kevin. Except, perhaps, when a massive tome has been catapulted at someone’s head, no book has ever been used to commit murder; and Milton’s stance on pre-publication censorship at a time when most idiots like Wilson couldn’t read was contingent upon the moral character and intelligence of the consumer, who, he was sure, would self-censor anything that was objectionable—not on the warped value systems of homicidal lunatics and terrorists who will jump at the chance to produce untraceable weapons. The most ludicrous argument of all is the one that says “3-D printers are expensive”—as if that ever stopped the mob, or the terrorists. “Spiritual analogue” indeed: we know what abiding respect our boy had for the mob.

I’m glad David Harper took Wilson’s psychotic diatribe on, and will be interested to see what he has to say. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Best to all,

Carol Barton

Carol Barton, PhD, CPCM