[Milton-L] Leaving the Milton listserv

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Sat Nov 4 17:29:38 EDT 2017

Thanks to Ryan, Katie, and Brandon for their comments.  One issue that might be noticed is that all of the productive Milton scholars on this list are overworked, especially if they are working for public universities with shrinking funds.  I estimate that my service duties have doubled since I started at USM 22 years ago.  Every new administrator must prove his/her worth but giving the professors in the trenches more to do. There is thus less time in general to post here on Milton-L, though I recognize that a number of wonderful scholars have done so in recent weeks and months, and I thank them.

I actually joined the Milton-L when one of my student complained that it was going downhill.  That was over 20 years ago.  The list has its ups and downs.

Cheers,

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
Charles W. Moorman Distinguished Professor, 2017-2019
The University of Southern Mississippi
108 College Drive #5037
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001