[Milton-L] Milton and "the majesty of darkness" (was "Credited Wiki")

Carol Barton, PhD, CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 4 10:52:23 EDT 2017

Think about a camera’s flash, or a solar eclipse, or someone’s “brights” in your eyes, on an otherwise dark road: too-bright light can be blinding, hence “dark with excessive bright.” Light and dark are not antitheses, but dualities, in Milton’s world: each is inextricably bound to the other, yin and yang.

Carol Barton, PhD, CPCM
cbartonphd1 at verizon.net

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time. -Josh Billings, columnist and humorist (21 Apr 1818-1885)