[Milton-L] Credited Wiki

Cox, Carrol cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 3 20:13:24 EDT 2017

Salwa Friday, November 03, 2017 5:32 PM writes: "With all due respect, though your (Jim W) posting lacks respect, you can't argue against an image, can you? Salwa

-------

I see no lack of respect for the list in Jim's post. Moreover, Respect for P will often (perhaps usually) imply disrespect for Q. And incidentally, the Indiana KKK was organized primarily in opposition to Catholicism. I remember as a child a relative referring to a march of some 10,000  KKK supporters in South Bend (i.e. in the location of a major Catholic University). There were, in addition, some fairly grisly lynchings in that state.

I have been on two quite excellent discussion lists that were destroyed by the tolerance extended to a troll. The First Amendment refers to the powers of Congress & does not guarantee a platform to anyone.

I myself during my yeas on this post never expressed my political views in any aggressive way. Why disrupt a list for no other purpose than mere self-expression? Political "converts" are not apt to be recruited on a literary list. What does Mr. Lindall expect to gain with his nonsense?

Carrol (Red as a Baboon's ass*) Cox

[*Plagiarized from a Counterpunch writer.]