[Milton-L] RSVP...Cornelia Street Café, 29 Cornelia Street, Greenwich Village, on Wednesday 24th May, from 6-8pm.

Savoie, John jsavoie at siue.edu
Thu May 11 18:08:48 EDT 2017

Paradise Maintained--well turned!

________________________________
From: milton-l-bounces at richmond.edu <milton-l-bounces at richmond.edu> on behalf of Terrance Lindall <tlindall at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:59:24 PM
To: milton-l at richmond.edu
Subject: [Milton-L] RSVP...Cornelia Street Café, 29 Cornelia Street, Greenwich Village, on Wednesday 24th May, from 6-8pm.

Dear Miltonists; Maybe some of you would like to help support Milton's Cottage:

"Bringing a taste of Paradise Lost to the Big Apple, the Trustees of Milton's Cottage CIO invite you to the US launch of Paradise Maintain’d – a new endowment fund for Milton’s Cottage.

Milton’s Cottage is the only surviving residence of the poet and parliamentarian John Milton - the place where he completed his epic masterpiece, Paradise Lost, and was inspired to write its sequel, Paradise Regain’d.

Based in Buckinghamshire, England, Milton’s Cottage has been open to the public as a museum since 1887. It has no permanent endowment, however, and as this year marks the 350th anniversary of the publication of Paradise Lost we can think of no more fitting tribute than to launch an endowment fund to protect and preserve the place where it was completed in perpetuity.

The US launch of Paradise Maintain’d will take place in New York – home to the only surviving manuscript of Paradise Lost at the Morgan Library. We would be delighted if you could join us at the Cornelia Street Café, 29 Cornelia Street, Greenwich Village, on Wednesday 24th May, from 6-8pm.

There will be an opportunity  to discuss our plans to maintain this unique literary paradise for future generations.

To RSVP or request further information please contact Kelly O’Reilly, Business Director of Milton’s Cottage, on businessdirector at miltonscottage.org<mailto:businessdirector at miltonscottage.org> or 0044 1494 872313.

We hope to meet you in any event at another time during our visit between 24th and 27th May 2017"

Kind regards

John Dugdale Bradley