[Milton-L] RSVP...Cornelia Street Café, 29 Cornelia Street, Greenwich Village, on Wednesday 24th May, from 6-8pm.

Terrance Lindall tlindall at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:59:24 EDT 2017

Dear Miltonists; Maybe some of you would like to help support Milton's
Cottage:

"Bringing a taste of *Paradise Lost* to the Big Apple, the Trustees of
Milton's Cottage CIO invite you to the US launch of *Paradise Maintain’d* –
a new endowment fund for Milton’s Cottage.

Milton’s Cottage is the only surviving residence of the poet and
parliamentarian John Milton - the place where he completed his epic
masterpiece, *Paradise Lost,* and was inspired to write its sequel, *Paradise
Regain’d*.

Based in Buckinghamshire, England, Milton’s Cottage has been open to the
public as a museum since 1887. It has no permanent endowment, however, and
as this year marks the 350th anniversary of the publication of *Paradise
Lost *we can think of no more fitting tribute than to launch an endowment
fund to protect and preserve the place where it was completed in perpetuity.

The US launch of *Paradise Maintain’d* will take place in New York – home
to the only surviving manuscript of *Paradise Lost* at the Morgan Library.
We would be delighted if you could join us at the *Cornelia Street Café*,
29 Cornelia Street, Greenwich Village, on *Wednesday 24th May, *from 6-8pm.

There will be an opportunity  to discuss our plans to maintain this unique
literary paradise for future generations.

To RSVP or request further information please contact Kelly O’Reilly,
Business Director of Milton’s Cottage, on businessdirector@
miltonscottage.org or 0044 1494 872313.

We hope to meet you in any event at another time during our visit between 24th
and 27th May 2017"

Kind regards

John Dugdale Bradley