[Milton-L] Duquesne UP

Sara van den Berg vandens at slu.edu
Tue Feb 7 10:31:03 EST 2017

On May 28m, 2014, The Nation published "University Presses under Fire,"
which specifically mentioned Duquesne UP as a small unit known for its
specialty in medieval and renaissance studies.  The article is available
through a Google search.

At the same time that the Press is being closed, Duquesne has also
announced a new "e-learning initiative" that will include online courses
and resources.  Perhaps the Press could play a part in that initiative.

The Provost, Tim Austin, was Professor and Chair of English at
Loyola-Chicago, and was Dean of Arts and Sciences at Holy Cross.
I hope he would understand how much the Press means to the intellectual
stature of Duquesne University.

Sara van den Berg