[Milton-L] Fwd: [SHARP-L] Duquesne University Press closing

Carol Barton, PhD, CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 4 04:56:51 EST 2017

No need to overdramatize, Nancy. Books and tuition have gotten so expensive, and jobs for the educated so scarce, since the 2008 bailout of the "too-big-to-fails" at the expense of the too little to matters that a college education at somewhere like Duquesne is a luxury few can afford again. The last eight years have crippled what used to be the middle class.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time. -Josh Billings, columnist and humorist (21 Apr 1818-1885)

Sent on a Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S® III--errors courtesy of Google

It's hardly an issue for Pantsuit Nation, but the whole country is in a Resist mode.

It seems that when the barbarians are at the gate the arts and the humanities are almost the first things to go.

This situation may well be a falling domino in a concatenation aimed at sending us all into Chaos and Old Night.

Nancy Charlton