[Milton-L] Milton Resists

Kemmer Anderson kanderso at mccallie.org
Thu Feb 2 10:36:21 EST 2017

This is a teaching moment for the power of John Milton's words for the
poetics of liberty and free will and how the nation's foundation rests on
pieces of his prose and poetry.

* Seven No Trump III*

These Sonnets for a Seven No Trump Bid

In the Miltonic style attempt in rhyme

To resist tyranny that swallows time

And promises to break language in mid

Thought with numbered character from the id

That put in command, control a new crime

Against the legislative mind turned to slime

By the builder of the Trump Pyramid

Scheme to make democracy a sales pitch

Bought and owned by oligarchs whose snake oil

Bottles slithering lies that appeal to fear.

The business to make his family rich,

Though above the law, makes this creature roil

With broken words that steal the nation’s ear.

Kemmer Anderson