[Milton-L] Milton, Dryden, and A. D. Hope

Jameela Lares jameela.lares at usm.edu
Wed Feb 1 14:01:04 EST 2017

Interesting!  But I am surprised at Hope’s opening comment, “Dryden’s lines on Milton are not well known.” I beg your pardon?  Those lines are, as far as I know, heavily anthologized.  I regularly teach them in survey classes.

I would like to know what others think about this opening comment, but I do not want to head off further discussion of more interesting bits later on.

Jameela Lares, Ph.D.
Professor of English
University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037