[Milton-L] SE Milton Seminar, Nov 4 & 5: Laura Knoppers

Ainsworth, David dainsworth at ua.edu
Fri Oct 14 12:52:43 EDT 2016

Hello, Milton-L,

On November 4th and 5th at the University of Alabama campus, Laura Knoppers will be presenting two papers at our SE Milton Seminar.

On Friday, November 4th at 5 PM in Morgan Hall 301, she will give a talk, Golden Bands and Gaudy Slaughter: Milton's Samson Agonistes, Dryden's All for Love, and the Politics of Luxury
On Saturday, November 5th at 1 PM in Morgan Hall 301, we will have a discussion of a previously distributed essay, Death's Grin, or Monstrous Satisfaction in Paradise Lost and Frankenstein.

Attendance is free; if you would like a copy of the Saturday paper, please e-mail me at dainsworth at ua.edu<mailto:dainsworth at ua.edu> and I will add you to our distribution list.

My thanks to both Laura and the Hudson Strode Program in Renaissance Studies for making this event possible, and I hope to see some of you there on the 4th and 5th!

David
PS. I will have more information on the 2017 Conference on John Milton in November, too.
David Ainsworth
Assistant Chair and Associate Professor, English
The University of Alabama<https://www.ua.edu>
110 Morgan Hall
Box 870244
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487