[Milton-L] Marshall portrait question

John Geraghty johnegeraghty at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 14 03:48:31 EDT 2016

I recently came across (and purchased) a copy of the 1645 Marshall engraving. The seller claimed it was an original. The plate  appears untrimmed and never bound into a copy. The impression is the sharpest I have ever seen for this engraving. There is no watermark, and the chain lines are horizontal, as opposed to the vertical orientation that Fletcher describes on p. 150 of vol 1 of his Facsimile Set. I believe it is a reproduction, but a very good one. My copy lacks a portrait and I know several others have had facsimiles inserted. My question is, who would be the best person to contact to help me look onto this?