[Milton-L] Making heaven of hell

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 16 11:13:46 EDT 2016

I had forgotten Helena’s line in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, “I'll follow thee and make a heaven of hell,/To die upon the hand I love so well.” Between that and Mephistopheles’ speech in Faustus, Milton’s Satan had good precedent.

Best to all, and a good (and safe) summer, in these perilous times,

Carol Barton

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning. -Bill Watterson, comic strip artist (b. 5 Jul 1958) [Calvin & Hobbes]