[Milton-L] The 2017 Conference on John Milton

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Sat Jan 23 09:29:25 EST 2016

Dear David,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Thankfully,

David

________________________________
From: milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu <milton-l-bounces at lists.richmond.edu> on behalf of John K Leonard <jleonard at uwo.ca>
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2016 8:44 AM
To: John Milton Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Milton-L] The 2017 Conference on John Milton

That is wonderful news, David. Thank you so much for all your efforts!

John

On 01/22/16, "Ainsworth, David" <dainsworth at ua.edu> wrote:

Hello, all,

I'm pleased to announce that the 2017 Conference on John Milton, the continuation of the conference hosted for so many years by Charley, Kris and Kevin at MTSU, will be held in Birmingham, Alabama on October 12th-14th, 2017.

I will have many more details for you in the coming months as we arrange plenary speakers and confirm the hotel. In the meantime, mark your calendars and spread the word!

In addition, while the conference will be in Birmingham for 2017 and probably for 2019, we plan to change hosts every few years. If you might be interested in hosting at some time in the future, just let me know. If there's a lot of interest, we'll have to form a committee to pick the next host institution, but that will be one administrative task I would take great pleasure in performing.

My thanks in particular to Gordon Campbell, Alison Chapman, Angelica Duran, Tom Festa, Ryan Netzley, Margie Thickstun and Hugh Wilson for their efforts on the conference's behalf, and in general to everyone who's spoken with me about the conference. We'll do our best to maintain both the high quality and the generosity of spirit and community which characterized the conference under Charley, Kris and Kevin's expert leadership.

Best,
David