[Milton-L] Information on William B. Hunter

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 19 19:02:26 EST 2016

And by the way--I'd never seen your beautiful poem before, but it is a
touching tribute. I didn't meet Bill until he already walked with a cane
(but still drove like an Indy 500 entrant, all the way from Greensboro to
Murfreesboro, through the mountains), but he was a dear friend, a sure
guide, and a beloved mentor. I will never, ever forget how he railed when
some idiot committed him to the psycho ward because--after a dental
procedure gone awry--he was so debilitated that he muttered he wished he
were dead. After his daughters (a la the Milton story) sold his books--after
he was shut up in a tiny room, able to see his beloved wife only once a day,
at lunch. I hope for his sake that in Heaven we are all restored to health,
pain-free. If so--God has a handful to deal with, these days!!

Best to all,

Carol Barton