[Milton-L] SE Milton Seminar Feb 12th

Ainsworth, David dainsworth at ua.edu
Mon Jan 18 14:26:32 EST 2016

Hi, all,

I’m pleased to announce another SE Milton Seminar here in Tuscaloosa, thanks as always to the Hudson Strode Program in Renaissance Studies. On Friday, February 12 at 5 PM in Morgan Hall 301, David Loewenstein will present "Early Modern Nationalism and Milton's Mask" to be followed by questions and discussion.

On Saturday, February 13 at 1 PM in Morgan Hall 301, we’ll have a seminar-style discussion of David Loewenstein’s paper, “Writing in the Aftermath of Civil War: Paradise Lost, Virgil, and the Politics of Contemporary History.” The paper will be distributed before the seminar for everyone to read: please e-mail me at dainsworth at ua.edu<mailto:dainsworth at ua.edu> to receive a copy electronically.

For those who attended the last MTSU Milton Conference, David presented the seminar paper as the keynote to the conference. There was no time for any questions or discussion, so he’s especially eager to get feedback and talk about his ideas. (If you didn’t attend the conference, it was great! And I should have news about the 2017 Conference soon.)

I hope to see many of you in February. In the meantime, please pass word along to anyone you think might be interested in attending. I am happy to provide advice on places to stay in town; traditionally, Hudson Strode (metaphorically) takes attending faculty out to dinner with the speaker Friday evening.

Best,
David