[Milton-L] The Metaphysicals

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Sun Jan 3 21:41:42 EST 2016

​On the question of Milton's reading of other English contemporary poets:  I make a case in chapter 5 of Milton and Maternal Mortality​ for his having read and engaged with Michael Drayton's 1627 volume, The Battaile of Agincourt.  The argument mostly concerns the final poem in the volume's final section, but there are possible echoes of some others, too.

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
Chair, Department of English