[Milton-L] Satan's webcam

JCarl Bellinger dionhalic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:21:06 EST 2016

Or...Bruegel _as_ us, ... or _and_ us.
   Are _we_ a pretty sight? maybe Yes *and* No? Certainly I think we are in
ruins from Milton's point of view, but does M _also_ see us readers, like
the reprobate spirits in Hell, as "magnificent though in ruin?" I don't
know. To what extent, if at all, would Milton agree with CS Lewis on this
point? Lewis has Aslan explaining to Prince Caspian in Narnia:
 You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve.  And that is both honour
enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the
shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth.