[Milton-L] Satan's webcam

JCarl Bellinger dionhalic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:34:25 EST 2016

Yes, thank you, Dario.
You write that
 "Adam and Eve can be dimly made out in the background, but the animals in
the foreground are looking at something in "our" direction, and they
seem quite alarmed. They are probably noticing Satan as he approaches:"

I wonder I don't know if there's any historically reasonable possibility
the artist supposes/depicts the animals as if they were apprehending, not
Satan, but the painter. He's looking at them with brush in hand; they
are looking back at him with real apprehension in their
Limbic consciousness:
they have never before seen a fallen human person. Judging by the face of
the male lion, Mr. Bruegel is not a pretty sight.
Carl

looking at them just as much as they are looking at himhimself if never
seen a row On TTuesday, February 9, 2016, Dario Rivarossa <