[Milton-L] Ernst Fleischer

John Hale john.hale at otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 4 04:51:58 EDT 2016

?PS Yes, Angelica, Fleischer certainly did have a list of world big names, such as Cervantes and including Shakespeare. What struck me was that he had at least two Milton volumes, one of them De Doctrina. Was it topical, did he think it should be read (and  bought) along with the poems? Did he have a London contact or agent?

I hope this thread produces  more about his activities. If not from SHARP, what about German-language print-historians? My knowledge is drawn from the end-papers of the De Doctrina volume as made available by U of Michigan. Surely WWII didn't obliterate every single one of his lists or papers and so on?

John Hale