[Milton-L] query re a milton edition

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 3 16:02:32 EDT 2016

Dear Carol,
I don’t have any hypothesis, but I hadn’t thought of anything sinister: I too assume there is no directly political reason but rather related to a cultural circulation – actually between Mexico and Germany (likely via Spain) about which I was unaware. Mostly curiosity because next month I’ll be looking at some holdings at the first library in the Americas, the Biblioteca Palafoxiana in Puebla, Mexico – mostly the last of the three Western European Renaissance grandees Shakespeare, Cervantes, and Milton – and this work is there.
--
Adios,
Angelica