[Milton-L] query re a milton edition

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Wed Aug 3 15:36:59 EDT 2016

Dear Jameela,

Just as Leipzig is variously spelled on with this work on WorldCat and elsewhere, it seems so is Ernst/Ernest. Thanks.

You may also have seen that it was published the same year as the edition of the same work (with Todd and Phillips mentioned too) that WorldCat shows as “[London]: [John Murray], [1827].” Lots of simultaneous printings of Milton’s works, like the first edition of Paradise Lost that included the Doré illustrations of 1866, printed in London, New York, and Paris. I just don’t remember seeing a German press in these simultaneous printings in the 19th century.

--
Adios,
Angelica