[Milton-L] totally off this sonnet 23 subject

Horace Jeffery Hodges horacejeffery at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 23:12:59 EDT 2016

What about tasting in a dream since smell and taste are related?

I'm grading papers despite nodding off again and again. At one point, as I
nodded, I dreamed I had a chocolate cookie in my hand, but as I lifted the
cookie to my mouth to place it between my teeth and bite down, the cookie
vanished, and I awoke, biting down on nothing but disappointment.

I tasted nothing, nor did I smell anything.

Jeffery Hodges