[Milton-L] M:DS- "brush up on your Shakespeare" - Cole Porter

Salwa skhoddam at cox.net
Sat Apr 16 20:10:11 EDT 2016

Angelica,

I have a compilation of essays titled Shakespeare in the Theatre: An Anthology of Criticism, ed. By Stanley Wells (OUP, 2000). It includes some criticism of Othello in various 18th and 19th performances.

But the bibliography in this book includes very helpful sources on Othello such as Matteo, Gino J., Shakespeare’s Othello: the Study and the Stage 1694-1904 (Salzburg, 1974) and several others.

Hope these help.

Salwa

Salwa Khoddam, PhD.

Professor of English, Emerita