[Milton-L] M:DS- "brush up on your Shakespeare" - Cole Porter

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Sat Apr 16 16:40:58 EDT 2016

Dear scholars,

Given the broad knowledge of this group, I turn to you with a question about Shakespeare. The trusty Riverside Shakespeare (my 1974 copy) and Oxford Companion to Shakespeare (2001) both determine a likely late 1603-04 performance date of Othello. I am wondering, though, what the performance date of Othello was thought to be in 1830s and 1840s Western Europe and the Americas. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who knows of the or a or many go-to resource(s) that might be helpful. Many thanks.

--
Adios,
Angelica Duran

<duran0 at purdue.edu<mailto:duran0 at purdue.edu>>