[Milton-L] Milton and Cheese

E.A.M. Sheehan e.sheehan at qub.ac.uk
Tue Apr 5 17:09:53 EDT 2016

Thanks, Feisal! I too agree about goat cheese! There is, I believe, a modern variety
(manufactured in Somerset) aptly called "Eve Goat's Cheese"!
All the best
Estelle

On 5 Apr 2016 at 11:38, Feisal Mohamed wrote:

A second attempt at this irresistible link (which turned up as broken for me in Estelle's
original post):
http://www.theguardian.com/books/picture/2016/apr/05/john-milton-made-of-stilton-author-po
rtraits-in-food

The artist's description also worth noting:
"It was very hard to pick one name out of all the suggestions, but - speaking of cheese - I fell in love
with John Stilton. In Norway Milton and stilton are treated the same: both are enjoyed only by
connoisseurs. The difference between John Milton and John Stilton is the latter is fat, greasy and
sticky. I had a hard time making him. The fridge in my office now serves as his temporary mausoleum;
I suspect his odor will survive him, perhaps even the fridge."

I tend to think of Milton as more of a goat-cheese poet.

Best to all,
Feisal