[Milton-L] MaS- milton-l, paradise of fools passage

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 29 15:53:33 EDT 2015

Dear scholars,

I am working through how to integrate the following passage into a sentence of my own but am having trouble because the grammar of the passage itself:

And they who to be sure of Paradise
Dying put on the weeds of Dominic,
Or in Franciscan think to pass disguised; (PL 3. 478-80)

I take this passage to refer to folks who wear the robes (as glosses say) of Dominic or of Francis, so that there is an implied word “garb” or “apparel” I line 480, as follows:

And they who to be sure of Paradise
Dying put on the weeds of Dominic,
Or in Franciscan [grab] think to pass disguised; (PL 3. 478-80)

Corrections, confirmations, etc., welcome. Many thanks.
--
Adios,
Angelica Duran

<duran0 at purdue.edu<mailto:duran0 at purdue.edu>>