[Milton-L] Adam et Eve

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Tue Sep 22 14:57:50 EDT 2015

The whole picture shows Eve in full frontal nudity. It's a little bit
Miltonic in that "Shee as a vail down to the slender waste / Her unadorned
golden tresses wore / Disheveld"--also in that it implies the emotional
subjection that Adam confesses and Raphael warns against.
I don't recall any other blondes in the Klimt oeuvre.
Michael