[Milton-L] Early Modern Education and Milton

Benjamin Moran bamoran at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Sep 17 11:14:51 EDT 2015

Harris Fletcher's two-volume *The Intellectual Development of John Milton* is
a great place to start if you haven't looked into it already. It will give
you a broad overview of educational practices. The book's appendices also
contain some primary texts that, to my knowledge, haven't been reprinted
since.

Best,
Ben Moran

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Norman, James A. <James.Norman at bridgew.edu
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping to get some suggestions for books or articles on Early Modern
> education approaches, pedagogy, application, practice, etc.  Particularly
> with respect to Milton--for instance, if anyone has written critically
> about Milton's stance towards the system of his day--but of course, I would
> be thankful for a wide variety of source materials: primary or secondary.
> Anything that will shed light upon the curriculum, pedagogical approaches,
> daily lessons, and even critical views of early modern approaches would be
> very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> James
>

> James A. Norman
> Dept. of English
> Bridgewater State University
> Bridgewater, MA 02325
> james.norman at bridgew.edu
> 508-264-5982

❦
Ben Moran
The Hudson Strode Program in Renaissance Studies
Department of English
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0244