[Milton-L] Down

Nancy Charlton charltonwordorder1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:51:05 EST 2015

Noam and John,

Thank you so much. I started writing a piece of light verse a year ago but
it wouldn't go beyond the ligne donné. I forgot all about it until
recently, and I picked  up where I left off and it just poured out of my
pen. Light turned serious, and it came to the Latin epitaph "sit terra tibi
levis " (which autocorrect wants to turn into Levi's). I titled the poem
Sit Penna Mihi Levis, but was not happy with penna, as it sounds more like
a primary quill than cuddly goose down.

I'm changing it to "plumae" but since this is a plural, should the verb be
"Sint"? Or is plumae an aggregate and therefore kept in the singular?

In any event, you in the USA, enjoy your Meleagris gallopavo.

Nancy Charlton