[Milton-L] Down

John Hale john.hale at otago.ac.nz
Tue Nov 24 13:59:51 EST 2015

It might depend on the context and purpose, since pluma is based in feathers, and lanugo (which derives from lana) has more the idea of wool.
Also, I'm using the Oxford Latin Dictionary, ed.Glare, which restricts its coverage to classical diction more than Lewis and Short does.
So Nancy, do you want to sound like Cicero?
What a great start to a new day.
John Hale