[Milton-L] Down

Nancy Charlton charltonwordorder1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 04:06:18 EST 2015

This is only by the greatest stretch Miltonic, but I hope the Latinists
among you might be able to help me out. I need the Latin term for "down,"
not the netherward  direction nor the progression toward a goal post, but
that fluffy stuff you put in pillows and comforters. Goose down. "Penna" is
the only thing that I have found, and my impression is that this is more
the stuff of the birds that flock together.

In keeping with the week's holiday, much thanks!

Nancy Charlton