[Milton-L] Paris

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:16:13 EST 2015

Now, maybe, a certain 16th century poem dealing with Paris being
besieged by Muslims could stop appearing so-ooo funny. In the
Renaissance, they knew what all of this meant; and incidentally, the
West's approach to Islam, and vice versa, was less idiot than
nowadays. Both sides knew HOW to make war (not terrorism) AND how to
exchange culture meanwhile. They were neighbors, they were parts of
one world, the two sides of the international coin; they shared values
-- not only oil, weapons, TV.

Modern Europe, and particularly France, should definitely reconsider
the so-called "Enlightenment" attitude according to which "Alright, we
will tolerate you in our countries, but we despise you." In the 16th
century, it was the other way round on both sides, "We may be fighting
you, but we will respect you if you show you deserve it." It was chess
play, not drones piloted from afar against people, like God's fire
against Sodom -- political leaders did not play God then.
That twitting ISIS guy said one truth: "This is only the beginning."
If.

--
il Tassista http://tassonomia.blogspot.it e http://stornielle.blogspot.it
co-artist with the Magic Trio http://tiziafra.wix.com/the-magic-trio