[Milton-L] A Penny for the Guy

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 5 16:37:02 EST 2015

The source citations are in the article, Carroll. I wrote it so long ago I
wouldn't trust memory to tell you what they were, but they were credible
authorities. I'll see if I can find the file, and send it to you. I'm not a
conspiracy theorist, either, but in this case, the details are plausible
(they have to do with the ease of access to the Houses and the lack of
discovery of gunpowder "secreted" at the site)--James' paranoia over his
waning popularity, and terror of assassination, and the fact that Fawkes'
scaffold speech was suppressed and so on.

Best to all,

Carol Barton