[Milton-L] "Particular Falls"

Smith, Samuel ssmith at messiah.edu
Wed Jan 21 19:32:07 EST 2015

My favorite Hell comes from one of Rod Serling's "Night Gallery" episodes, which I saw once some 40+ years ago and have never forgotten:

A Hell's Angel (played by a young John Astin) arrives after dying in a motorcycle accident. He's quite excited to see the place. He's sent to a comfortable living room and told this is his new home. He can't believe his luck! After a few minutes, two middle-aged couples come into the room and begin showing slides from their summer vacations, small-talking on and on about their wonderful time at the beach, at the cabin, yadayadayada. After about ten minutes, Astin's character goes nuts, begins screaming for fire and brimstone, any torment but this never-ending, tedious review of two dull middle-class vacations - he can't imagine a worse eternity.

?

Samuel Smith