[Milton-L] "Particular Falls"

Matthew Jordan matthewjorda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:00:59 EST 2015

The most morally appealing version of Hell I've encountered was in a Radio
4 play, a 30-minute thing, some years ago, where Milton was leading someone
around telling them what was what. The culmination was a vision of Hell in
which bankers, politicos, I dunno maybe PR gurus, were all going about
their business completely as normal. Perplexed, our man in the Underworld
turns to Milton for explanation, the gist of which is that these people
have to go on being themselves, forever and ever...

This sounds to me like it must have been thought of before, but I am no
comparative theologian...