[Milton-L] Milton's Satan, live

Dodds, Lara LDodds at english.msstate.edu
Fri Feb 13 09:23:13 EST 2015

Matthew and others,

I found Lateiner's Sardonic Smile to be helpful for thinking about gesture in Paradise Lost (with some caveats of course). I used it in a paper on angelic gesture in the poem, which I presented at Murfreesboro in 2013. ?

Best,

Lara

Lara Dodds
Associate Professor of English
Mississippi State University

on-leave 2014-2015

The Literary Invention of Margaret Cavendish

http://www.dupress.duq.edu/products/religiousstudies7-cloth