[Milton-L] Milton's Satan, live

John K Leonard jleonard at uwo.ca
Thu Feb 12 14:34:50 EST 2015

I recently came across similar images of Hitler practising rhetorical gestures before a photographer. Some of his arm gestures resemble those that Angelica's source attaches to Satan (especially the 'linked thunderbolts' move):

 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2679618/Hitlers-call-arms-How-Fuhrer-photographer-help-practice-extreme-hand-gestures-body-language.html

Oddly, the PL sequence has Satan's arms raised when he utters the word "descending" (Johnson would have had fun with that).  Hitler looks a total berk. In several of the photos he looks like a parody of a break dancer. These were "practice" photos, taken by a personal friend, not intended for public distribution. Hitler was embarrassed by the images and felt the need to practise some more. Not hard to see why. I wonder if Satan had similar rehearsals with Beelzebub and felt the need for "retakes".

John Leonard