[Milton-L] public speaking

John Hale john.hale at otago.ac.nz
Thu Feb 12 14:19:06 EST 2015

Thanks for replies to my question.
Milton performing his verses in Italy is not what I meant, though of course we would like to know how he did it.
If he didn't address audiences about public topics, he would not have experienced feedback from listeners. Yet feedback was mandatory during university disputations. Is this why he answers Salmasius and the others by remorseless itemising?

John Hale